- Keep the fireworks to be used at a safer place. Use fireworks only outdoor.
- Buy fireworks of authorized/reputed manufacturers only.
- Light only one firework at a time, by one person. Others should watch from a safe distance.
- Hand held sparklers burn at 1800 degrees Fahrenheit, that’s almost hot enough to melt gold, and they stay hot long after the spark has gone out.
- Always use a long candle/Agar Bathi, for igniting fire crackers and keep elbow joint straight to increase the distance between the body and the crackers.
- Keep two buckets of water handy. In the event of fire, extinguish flame by pouring water from the buckets. Every major fire is small when it starts. In case of burns, pour large quantity of water on the burnt area.
- In case of major burns, after extinguishing the fire, remove all smouldering clothes. Wrap the victim in a clean bed sheet. The patient should be taken to a burns specialist or a major hospital. Don’t panicky. You can also find more tips in our website
- In case of eye burns, wash the eye with tap water for 10 minutes and take the victim to a hospital.
ALL MISHAPS DUE TO FIREWORKS OCCUR AS A RESULT OF CARELESSNESS, NEGLIGENCE AND IGNORANCE. SIMPLE PRECAUTIONS CAN HELP AVOID THESE MISHAPS.